With one of the most experienced teams in the country, TIG Environmental employs sophisticated investigative techniques to determine who should be responsible for cleanup costs and other contingent liabilities at contaminated sites. TIG Environmental supports clients by developing historical, factual evidence necessary to identify potentially responsible parties (PRPs) and establish a basis for cost allocation.
During a PRP investigation, TIG Environmental can help by:
- Using trade, scientific, historical, and regulatory documentation to create historical inventories of potential contaminant sources at regional sites.
- Prioritizing potential sources, conducting fact finding, and developing liability cases in multi-party PRP investigations.
- Performing sophisticated research to identify other PRPs, locating witnesses and critical documentation, and reconstructing operating histories from decades and centuries past.
- Tracing and evaluating complex corporate transactions to identify ultimate successors-in-interest.
- Investigating and locating assets held by corporate and personal entities.
- Locating evidence of general liability insurance coverage from internal and external, public and private sources of information.
- Obtaining affidavits, preparing expert reports, presenting evidence to regulatory agencies, and testifying in court.
Toxic Tort Claims
TIG Environmental has extensive experience investigating toxic tort claims that include asbestos, chemical, and related exposures. TIG Environmental can help by:
- Investigating primary and alternate exposure scenarios
- Identifying products and documenting their uses
- Developing and vetting witness pools
TIG Environmental integrates fact finding with expert technical analysis in manufacturing and technical settings to successfully investigate the causes of:
- Operational accidents and errors
- Product contamination
- Criminal or civil enforcement actions
- Fraud and malfeasance
TIG Environmental's private detective pedigree coupled with our multi-disciplined, forensic approach allows us to successfully uncover the most salient facts and unwind history as it relates to these complex issues.
Site Inventory, PRP Prioritization, and Strategic Case Building/a>
Contamination Due to Unidentified Sources
PRP Identification via Corporate Successorship
Operating Liability: Product Tampering or Human Error?